We are on the lookout for a Quantity Surveyor.
You are a passionate experienced person who thrives on delivering future focused quality projects using the latest technology.
You understand everyone is different and a black and white approach to leadership is ineffective.
You will help foster a liveable and inclusive place where people can come to discover and realise the best possibilities for their business, their projects and themselves. You love exploring ideas and finding a better way.
Personal development and growth is a continual journey, you love improving your skills and self-awareness.
Who we are
At Wiley, we believe in making a difference and creating a better future.
Wiley has been building things for people to work, manufacture, grow, learn and play in since 1918. We have evolved into an energetic and diverse project delivery company carrying out sophisticated projects for many industries including; Food Manufacturing, Education, Defence, Water & Infrastructure, Health, Renewables, Commercial and Horticulture.
Our team works tirelessly to safely deliver successful projects and ensure our clients feel empowered, calm, confident, supported and in control. Led by our core values, our teams drive high performance and deliver innovative solutions across the globe.
We are recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our growing team in our Brisbane office.
Working across a range of projects, you will:
- Work with an experienced and diverse team
- Receive further training and opportunities for career development
- Undertake cost analysis and clearly communicate results with client, subcontractor’s and other relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with all external parties including clients, subcontractor’s, and consultants
- Undertake cost checks of developing design
- Evaluate and analyse tender returns
- Assist with contract negotiations
- Take responsibility of procurement and cost reporting for assigned projects
- Monthly claims preparation, presentation, negotiation and settlement
- Work with the senior team across multiple projects
Who You Are:
- You have a Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying, Contract Administration or Construction Management
- Confident communicator with clients and stakeholders with strong interpersonal skills
- Have an enthusiasm and passion for the built environment
- A can do attitude that focuses on solutions through innovative thinking
- You have had exposure to one or more of the following areas; food processing, industrial, warehousing, education, civil and government projects
- Chartered Status with RICS or AIQS (or working towards)
- CostX experience
Wiley is an international company with head office in Brisbane and offices around Australia, NZ and Asia. You’ll be part of our integrated project delivery or construction teams.
Our Code#4 is Diversity kicks arse! We seek different backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We also energetically encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply to join our team.